Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nail Polish Obsession Tag! (Lots and lots of pics!)

 << DISCLAIMER >> I did these swatches in a huuge rush, so please excuse the messy ugliness and terrible pictures! kay thanks :)

Hey guys! I saw this tag on youtube and decided I wanted to answer it! And I threw in skittle swatches!!! (Don't judge; they were rushed)

     1. What is your favorite nail polish company?
Ok, I'm gonna give the completely cliche answer and say I can't pick. But I have a reason! I always tell people that not every brand can make every color- brands are always new and inventive, and they can't dupe each other all the time. One brand can't have every cool polish. But... if I was hard pressed I'd say....... OPI, or like drugstore polishes. <- that couldn't be anymore vague... here are some of my favorite drugstore polishes though :)
Left to Right: Sally Hansen "DVD"; Sally Hansen "Purple Pizzazz"; Sally Hansen "Glass Slipper" over black; Revlon "Emerald City"
 Ok so maybe my favorite drugstore brand is Sally Hansen....
"Glass Slipper" and "Emerald City" (suede)


"Purple Pizzazz"
 You can't see from this messy job, but PP is a purple jelly with little flecks of gold in it. Really cool.
"DVD"
Multichromey glass-fleck from the drugstore? Yea! This makes my top ten favorite polishes in my collection.

     2. Glitter or no glitter?
That's a stupid question..... GLITTER! Glitter to me is magical... I always try to force myself to buy more cremes for nail art, but in the end I never wear them. My challenge to all of you is to find a creme that I can love. Whoever does that wins a glitter polish ;) but here are my favorite glitters: (as you can tell, I'm a big fan of layering glitters)
Icing "Epic Winning"; Butter London "The Black Knight"+"Tart with a Heart"

Hard Candy "Break Up" over black, Nina Ultra Pro "Purple X-ing"
 Purple X-ing is a purple holo jelly... I'll have to wear that soon
 Oh God! The horrors!!! Terrrrrrrible swatches here :( I recommend you look at my post on the Butter Londons.... this is just pitiful.)

    3. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie?
Gotta go with OPI on this one. It's a close tie with China Glaze though. Seeing as my best friend can get me any current color I want, it's an easy addiction to feed :P here are the skittles of some of my favorite oness (all over black):

OPI "Man of La-Mancha"+ "Save Me"+ "Last Friday Night"

OPI "I Lilly Love You"+ "Man of La-Mancha"+ "Save Me"


Duochromey goodness :D
 Man of La-Mancha is a dusty dusty... and a $3 find!

   4. When do you change your nail polish?
Depending on how I feel, every couple of days or so :D

   5. What's your favorite color on your nails?
BLUEEE  :D Turquoise blue, light blue, dark blue, shimmery blue, matte blue, whateveeer :/ It's the best.
Jesse's Girl "Mermaid Lagoon"+ "Glee"; Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue"

Wet n' Wild "Blue Wants To Be a Millionaire?" the two Jesse's Girls

 I tried to show you the holo in the "BWTBAM" but it just didn't work...

 But do you see that bronze shimmer in ML?!?!?!


   6. Darks or brights?
I like neons and brights and what not, but those deep, shimmery, vampy colors are fascinating to me... i hold them in the sun to try and make the little shimmers appear :)
OPI "Play Till Midnight"

Color Club "Revvvolution"
 Black holo... mmmmm.... and yes it is spelt like that :)


   7. What are you wearing on your nails right now?
This:


This is OPI "A Oui Bit of Red", a no name silver glitter, and Milani's Black Crackle.

   8. Matte nails?
I'm.... meh on matte nails. I love them a lot, but matte nail polish colors seems like a waste to me. I need to put a topcoat to feel like it will actually wear well. I'd rather add my favorite matte topcoat because then I feel better :)


Warpaint Beauty "Matte"
 He's from Hot Topic :)

   9.French manicure?
Only funky frenches.

   10. Favorite winter color?
I'm not one to change my color choices with the season.... If I want to wear neon pink, gosh darn it I WILL! but if I had to make a recommendation, it'd be ....
Zoya "Neeka"
 Or Sinful Colors "winterberry"... same thing but with out the gold fleckies.

   Bonus! 11. What's your favorite finish of nail polish?
If I had to pick a top two, probably flakies:

Essie "Shine of the Times"
And HOLO!!!! (I wonder which is my favorite  ;))
Glitter Gal "3D Silver Holographic"


 This polish will get it's own post very soon... tomorrow perhaps?


*whew*
thanks for reading!

Luv y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment