Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Butter London Dressing Table Set + A Christmas Update

Hey everybody! Time for the first swatches! So this is the last week before Christmas vacation for me, so my friends and I exchange gifts during the week. Monday I got 2 pretty exciting presents (hint: both are polishes!) and they'll end up to be the first pictures this blog sees! Please excuse the lighting and background situation... I still have to get used to my dad's camera. But, as you may have guessed from the title, the first present I got was the Butter London Dressing Table box set... which I was considerably happy with! Anyways, the two polishes it came with were The Black Knight and Tart with a Heart. I'd drooled over both of these for a while... and well, I freaked out when I saw them under the wrapping paper. Now, you can tell I'm a horrible swatcher.... not only did I not figure out the lighting, I also conveniently forgot to swatch these individually... gaah! they are pretty true to the bottles though, so I'd go with that. All the pictures with my nails are 2 coats of The Black Knight with 1 coat of Tart with a Heart over it. Onto the pics!
Boxed set- The Black Knight and Tart with a Heart
 Is that not the cutest packaging ever???? Onto swatch pictures!


The Black Knight, 2 coats with Tart with a Heart, 1 coat


After taking these pics I put on a second layer of Seche-Vite-- it had to be done to get that smoothness.... no pictures of that though :( I am soooo proud of this next shot- the ring finger shows the glitter soo well, but the others are like macro shots of the glitter changiness! Score one for the blog-newbie!
 

Ugh! Gorgeousness! Can't get enough of it! This will be worn for a lonnng time i can tell! I want to show you  a bottle pic of Tart with a Heart- see if you can find the Waldo in this polish!
 

Do you see it?!?! Look really hard! Can you see Waldo? Yes? No? Maybe so? Click to enlarge; I dare you!
In case you're too lazy... there's BLACK MICRO-GLITTER in there! Like woooaaahh! Where did that come from? It's cool though- like a secret between you and Butter London! (and me of course!) but totally unexpected right?

That's the first present! I plan on swatching anything I get in the way of nail polish or makeup for Christmas, so stay tuned! I already have an OPI and a Nails Inc, so check back again soon!

This set retails for $25 at Ulta

Luv ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment