Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prom 2013

I realize this has nothing to do with my nail blog, but I'd like to share it anyways :) I had prom Friday night and I had a blast, So just wanted to show off my nails, dress and hair of the night.



First up, of course, are my nails. This is the same manicure I just posted about, except I used Orly Gumdrop as the base color.
 
 
 
 This was how I had my hair- originally the curls were down, but they were driving me nuts so I stole a few bobby pins from my friend and pinned some back. I love how this looks, I wish I had done it sooner so the pre-prom pictures looked like this!

 
 
And of course, the dress. It's an aqua one sleeve chiffon dress with ruching on the bodice and rhinestone accents. Also, a three layered skirt. It's a whole lot of material to handle! The skirt has amazing movement though- as I walked it would flow out to the sides, almost like a fan was blowing it. It was a tad too big, even after 2 sessions of alterations, but it still looked lovely and i was able to survive the night without any mishaps. 
 

 And just for fun, this is how the skirt looks when I twirl :) My friends started calling this the "Girl on Fire" dress, and it is very Katniss Everdeen indeed.

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Let me know about your prom memories as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment