Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

I just posted these, but due to recent events I'll post them again:


It hasn't really sunken in for me yet. Other tragedies that have happened in my life time have been pretty disconnected- horrible still, but not as powerful. But I live here. It's almost like my home was attacked. I will always be proud to be from Boston, and my thoughts and love go to everyone else affected by this. I have such amazing friends outside of this city though, all of whom checked to be sure I was ok immediately. While I was no where near the blasts, I still feel like somehow I'm affected along with everyone else. I've definitely seen that as a city and community, we stick together. And I'm proud of that, and I think everyone should focus on that. The best way to fight hate and violence is with love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment