Sunday, April 29, 2012

Polish Pet Peeves

It's a PPP post! Haha anyways today I was feeling the urge to post for you guys, and this is what I came up with. Now I really don't mean to offend anyone who partakes/ suffers from these things- some of them are uncontrollable. But others? C'mon. But still. Don't take this to mean I hate you or your personality if these apply to you. I just hate your nail habits. Ok, hate is too strong a word.














I strongly dislike your nail habits.
(but only if these apply to you)

By the way, absolutely none of these pictures belong to me. And I fully admit that. I just sorta googled the stuff I was going to post about and put in pictures. If you do see one of your pictures and want to claim it, send me an e-mail and I'll include your info in the post. So. Now that I have covered all the ways-to-piss-off-random-people bases, enjoy my nail rant ;D

PPP #1: Bad acrylics.

This is an example of the acrylic nails I accept: well done, uniform shape, and, above all, natural looking. they look like they grew out of a normal human's hand.


This is an example of what I don't like. The flared-out, 3 inch wide/tall french tip. And honestly, it's pretty much the manicurist's fault.... but still. While I've never gotten acrylics (nor do I ever intend to) I wouldn't be happy with these. Let just look gross and artificial to me.


PPP #2: Stained nails

I mostly hate this because it happens to me. And it sucks. Because most often, it happens with blue nail polish.... which is mah favorite. You see the perfect shade, put it on, and what happens?

This. Dear polish companies: Why you do this to us??? Seriously! We love ya, but you gotta be nail friendly here! Now I'm mainly talking about polishes that stain through basecoat- which I've encountered. I always wear basecoat, so for something to stain my nails has to be pretty powerfully pigmented (see what I did there? Another PPP ;D )

PPP #3: Overly long nails.

I love my nails long. I'll be the first to admit it. But there's a limit to that: I haaaate what I like to call the "5 Fingered Dragon Claw". Seriously, there's a limit that shouldn't be crossed.

When your nails start to curl under, it's time for a trim.

PPP #5: Different shaped/ length nails on one hand

I've fallen prey to this a few times: a nail breaks, and all of a sudden you have a nubbin. But what I do is go home and file the rest down accordingly. Cuz I'm OCD like that. And sorry, Google din't have any good pictures. But I think y'all get the gist.


So there we have it! Some of my Polish Pet Peeves. Again, sorry if this offended you I guess... I was in a ranty and silly mood. Take it with a grain o salt lovies!

Luv y'all!



PS like I said before. I don't own any of these pics. So yaa

No comments:

Post a Comment